13 December 2010

Where are my desktop icons?

It happened again :( About a week ago I installed Windows 7 on my laptop, this time x64 version, and today it happened again. Some of my desktop icons, more exactly broken links, disappeared.
 These happened to me before, when I installed my first Windows 7. I noticed that my icons keep disappearing. Until I found a solution. Don’t be afraid this is not a virus, neither a spyware but it’s a feature of Windows 7 diagnostic task.

To resolve this issue open Task Scheduler with administrative rights (Start-All Programs-Accessories- System Tools).



Expand the tree of Task Scheduler to Diagnostic (Task Scheduler-Task Scheduler Library-Microsoft-Windows-Diagnosis).


Right click on scheduled task and click Disable.


Simple as that, and no more disappearing icons :)


This is it for today. Have fun!

1 comment: